Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thank you Beyonce!

To whom it may concern (in other words probably none of you) there seems to be only one triathlon store in the Atlanta area and if you plan to go make sure you don’t take a 2 year old and that you check your self-esteem at the door. I got lucky in that they were having a tent sale and they had all last year’s apparel on sale. However, my luck quickly ran out after I loaded up as much as I could carry and went to the dressing room only to realize that it had one of those trick mirrors that instead of reflecting your image projects images of texturely fun snacks like jello and cottage cheese. I consider myself to be in pretty good shape after having 3 children but it is obvious that tri-clothes were not designed for matronly figures. But 12 pair of shorts and 17 tops later I was able to find something that worked for me so that I wouldn’t have to run on a public road in a bathing suit.
I was excited to try my new apparel so I downloaded bootylicious and hit the gym today to attempt to combine all 3 sports into one workout for the first time. Swimming went well as I predicted and all I had to do now that I had my new gear was hop out of the pool, put my shoes on and hop on the bike. I hadn’t thought about what I would do if all the bikes were taken once I left the dressing room but thanks to spring break I had all the room I needed so I didn’t have to field questions about why I was hovering all over other guests while dripping water and breathing heavily. I managed 10 miles on the bike and was feeling pretty good so I dismounted and hopped on the treadmill to see what my legs would do. I only did a mile so as not to overdo it but considering I only have to do 3 on race day I felt good about my progress and with 8 weeks remaining I have no doubt I can do this and I am not going to take the fact that both my bike and MP3 player (2 of the most important components in training) have broken since I started this as a sign that I should find another way to spend my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment